Google Has Started Advanced Verification Process For Plumbers and Locksmiths
Google wants to secure your life as an end user. You must be using Google to search for anything, even a local locksmith or, plumber. Post identification of a few fraudulent service providers, Google has initiated the ‘advanced verification’ process to minimise falsification of identities.
The process has been launched in San Diego initially. As per Google’s help document:
- Intention is to provide its users with a functional list of service providers.
- To reduce fraudulent activities and improve overall customer experience.
- Service providers need to answer a few questions.
- Apply to a third party for verification.
- Pinkerton, a corporate risk management service provider has been engaged by Google for verification.
- Verification is expected to be completed within two weeks.
- Information provided to Pinkerton would remain confidential and only be used for verification purpose.
- There would be no impact of this process on the web ranking of the service provider.
- Failure to pass the verification would disable appearance on Google Maps and Knowledge Panel.