How Should You Strategize Your Content Marketing?
It’s all about content today. “Without strategy the content is just stuff. And, the world has enough stuff”
Content marketing evolved as one of the biggest trends. It is expected to drive the future of marketing. (CMI, 2018)
Content Marketing Institute defines Content Marketing as “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience—and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action”.
In the journey of business towards the growth, how important is content marketing strategy?!
From achieving digital marketing goals to reducing costs, content marketing strategy allows to attract, acquire and engage target audience with minimal efforts. In order to maximize the effectiveness of the content, study all the new possibilities for brand/product promotion and get the maximum out of your efforts. How?
Below are a few ways:
- Emphasis on video for increased ROI: There is no doubt that video is an important component of effective Content Marketing strategies. Per The Firebrand Group survey, 85% 0f marketers have seen positive ROI from video efforts. This trend will continue, and hence the first action that content marketers should incorporate is to have video in their content efforts. This will improve ROI and most importantly, brand awareness and customer loyalty.
- Videos are the most consumed content: This is a corollary to the first point above. The thumb rule in Content Marketing is to keep visitors hooked to your website. Research has found that videos are the most consumed piece of content in a website by prospective customers, followed by social media posts, news articles and research content.
- Content process should be on the right track: One of the key challenges of Content Marketing is to track the performance of the efforts. So companies should make sure they have the technologies, talent, and personnel to keep the content process on the right track.
- Regular content creation is not the only solution for success: A recent research by Written states that most inbound marketers (almost 96%) are creating content almost on a weekly basis. Experts say that mere content creation – daily or weekly – is not sufficient for content success. What is required is that content marketers comprehend competition and include innovations, unique strategies and marketing in the process.
- Social Media will continue to be an important strategy for content promotion: With Social Media identified as an ‘indispensable’ channel for content distribution, this will prevail in the next few years as well. Content marketers should identify the audience that are best for their services/products and accordingly create and distribute content to them. They should monitor and analyze performance metrics like website visitors, social media followers, and email subscribers.
- SEO best practices should not be ignored: Content marketers should adhere to SEO best practices, including avoiding duplicate content or adding alt tags etc.
- Content is sales teams’ best friend as well: Content marketers should closely work with the sales team to improve the quality of customer conversations. Content is meant not only for prospective customers but also for internal sales and marketing team to pitch in more sales.
- More demand for personalized content: Storytelling and other customized content is in vogue now. Marketers should emphasize writing content that speaks directly to buyer’s plus points – be it through blog posts, webinars, product videos or other formats.
- Investing in Content Talent: Last but not least, every company should have a well-structured experienced team of Content Marketing professionals as without processes, staff and management, content strategies simply cannot be successful.
Above, we have discussed the tenets of Content Marketing today. But what will be the formats? Learn more